Saturday, July 16, 2011

So It Begins

Alright this blog is going to be for all of you who would like to follow my grand adventure that is going to start in exactly 3 weeks from yesterday. For many of you who don't know I will be heading to Marshall, AK in 3 weeks to teach Kindergarten/1st grade. I am really nervous but excited all at the same time. It is going to be really scary going to a new place where I don't know anyone but I know that God is the one who led me to this job and he will be there protecting and providing.

The hardest part right now is getting the money to get there. I had the money at one point but it was stolen from me and now I have to work to get it back. I am glad that I have had to work this summer. It would have been really boring to just sit around and do nothing. I have also gotten to meet and work with some wonderful ladies.

Another kind of hard part about getting to Alaska right now is packing! I have no idea what to pack and I moved from Arkansas to Utah for the summer and I had to leave most of my clothes and things in Arkansas with my fiance. That makes it really hard to figure out what I need now and what I need later. I did put everything in a tote before I left that was heading to Alaska so that was a good thing.

I am really excited to get there and experience all of the things there are. I am also really excited to be able to say to my kids one day that I got to teach in Alaska and see things like polar bears and go ice fishing. Hopefully they will think it is as cool as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment