Sunday, September 4, 2011

Second Week

It is safe to say that my second week of school has been even more interesting than my first. Monday started out with my kids having a case of the Mondays. We all have those days but my kids had really come down with it. Monday ended with this






As you can see the Mondays were really harsh this week. I am hoping that next week I will be blessed with a not so harsh Monday. This week has also been the week of hitting...hitting each other, and hitting the teachers. No bruises so that is a plus right? Haha, I am just glad that I can laugh and smile about it. I figure as long as I keep laughing and smiling nothing can keep me down. I have also started doing some yoga. Jillian (biggest looser) is whipping my booty into shape and relaxing me at the same time. 

So I keep getting told that I need to get more pictures on here so here are some pictures from getting to Marshall and my house.
Molly and I sitting in front of our stuff at the airport in Anchorage

Most of our stuff 

Getting on the airplane

Our boss in front of us 

The airport in Bethel

The shuttle to the other part of the airport

Outside the airport

The snowplows in Alaska

Flowers on the side of the road as we walked to the other part of the airport

A bush plane

More flowers

Molly and our principal walking to the airport

The road on the way to the airport

Insulated water holder

The other "terminal"

Another picture of the "terminal"

The building that we sat in for hours waiting for the plane to leave

Playing games waiting for the plane

More games 

One plane that was heading to Marshall

The plane we went on the Marshall

Another view of the plane

Getting on the plane

Molly sitting on the plane to Marshall

It was even low for me

Me on the plane

The view from the plane

More planes

Taking off

The floor

Up in the air

Bethel from the air

Our principal sleeping...made me laugh

The plane is held together by duct tape

The view of the tundra from the plane

Another view, it was so beautiful

More tundra

The Yukon River

More of the river and tundra


The runway in Marshall

The airport, getting all of our stuff off the plane

More of the plane

The view on the way to the village

The village from afar

New teacher housing being built

The post office

MY HOUSE!!!

When you first walk in

The couch in the living room

One wall

What our kitchen looked like when we got there

The laundry room shelves

The washer and dryer

More of the laundry room

What the toilet looked like when we got there, it doesn't look like that now

The school

Walking up to the school

The weight room at the school 

Our living room as we started unpacking

Our antler that we found

What our living room looks like now

The kitchen before it was completely clean

The first thing that was made in our kitchen, blueberry muffins

The dishes before they were cleaned

The dishes on their shelves  

Our second meal, mexican


So hopefully these pictures give you an idea of what my house looks like and what I am up to. I am still loving it here. I also am really enjoying going to church over the phone. It is really different to not be able to see everyone while they talk but you can feel their spirit as they talk about their love of Jesus Christ and how much they desire to follow Him. It has made my testimony grow stronger of the love that Jesus has for each one of us. I know that He loves me unconditionally. I hope everyone has that same testimony or is working on gaining that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment