Thursday, May 10, 2012

End of School Projects

The last weeks of school are always filled with fun activities that you don't get to do during the rest of the year because you have been cramming for tests. Well this year is no different. Our kindergarten class joined with the Spanish class to do a Cino de Mayo project of creating piñatas. Here are the pictures from the project.   













After having our fun with paper mache we got messy with shaving cream. I thought this would be a fun way for the kids to get a little messy and practice writing our letters. The kids thought it was really gross but really fun. I don't think many of them have ever played with shaving cream before. 










After our piñatas dried we painted them and stuffed them with candy for a real fiesta!  The students had a real blast trying to break it open. It provided a cool science lesson too about what the inside looks like and what happens when you mix glue and water and paper. 










Prom is a lot different here than anywhere else I have been. The entire village is invited!! It doesn't matter how old or how young you are, Prom is a time to come and dance and just have a nice time. The DJ for this prom was a lot better than all of the DJs combined for all 3 of the proms I went to. The kids stole my camera and decided that they wanted to take pictures with their teacher. Needless to say I had some pretty cool dates. :)








Here I am teaching the students how to disco dance.



My buddies for most of the night. 









The senior class of 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment