Friday, August 10, 2012

New Life

Well I guess it is time to announce the news. Drew has officially accepted a job in the Russellville school district so we will not be heading back to Alaska next year. I am happy and sad all at the same time. Last year was hard, no doubt, but I did fall in love with my students and the families that I did get to know. I really hope that they keep working hard to become the best they can be.

So Drew is now working at the Adult Education Department for Russellville. He will be helping adults to get their GED and get ready for other tests so they can be ready to work out in the world. I know that he is going to come home with a broken heart for some of these people a lot but I also know that he will be able to do so much good with the people there. He is such a friend that I know that the more people get to know him the more they will want to succeed. He has also been approved to do his internship this fall!!! This is such a blessing for us! He can now get his teaching license in December instead of having to wait until May which we had previously planned.

Right now I do not have a job but I am filling out the miles of paperwork to become a substitute teacher. It amazes me what all they need to be a substitute. It was worse than filling out the application for a job! I have also applied and been accepted to go to graduate school!! YAY!! I am actually really excited about this. I am getting my masters in special education. I know this field is a lot of work and heartache but I also know that students in special education are choice spirits from our Heavenly Father and that he loves them.

Some other exciting news, we got a puppy!! Her name is Grace and she is a mut....we found her in the driveway at Drews parent's house and decided that she needed a home. When we first found her she was covered in fleas and ticks, weighed only 7 lbs (the vet said she should be 14) and very skittish. Now after a month or so of having her she is tick and flea free, 11lbs and very playful and friendly. She does tire easily so most of the day she just lays around sleeping but that is ok for me :) she also loves to cuddle. She will crawl up into my lap and just curl up in a ball and sleep, it is really cute!

Well that is our life right now. Lots of exciting things are happening and I am excited to see where things go! I know that Heavenly Father loves us and is looking out for us, there is no doubt in my mind that as we listen to the whisperings of the Holy Ghost we will know of that love and know of his plan for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment