Sunday, October 28, 2012

Updates

So here are some pictures of recent happenings in the Hanna family.


Grace loves to ride on our shoulders in the car. We call her our parrot. 

Back in July Drew and I started training for the Soaring Wings Half Marathon. The funds go to help a home for children in Conway, AR. When school started we were still semi good with our training but as September and October hit it seemed as if all time went away and we pretty much stopped training. I would still get a run in every once in a while but it wasn't regular like it should have been. Even with the lack of training we decided that we should still do it (the money was already spent). Even with the lack of training we finished in 2 hours 59 minutes and 56 seconds. This was really good for me! When I was training I wanted to finish in 2 hours and 30 minutes so being able to accomplish it in under 3 hours was pretty awesome!
As a Hanna you have to kiss the medal or trophy or whatever you win. So here is Drew and I kissing our medals. 

Other than our really strange dog and running the half marathon nothing really exciting has happened in our family. Drew is still doing his internship. As of today he has 22 teaching days left and he is looking forward to having his very own classroom. I am still subbing and loving it! Every time I get to go into the classroom and work with kids I feel that that is where I need to be, with children in a classroom some where helping them to learn and grow. Hopefully this next year I will be able to have my own classroom and help kids in any way possible. I really want to start working with special education students. People keep telling me that it is really hard and that the paperwork is tremendous but those kids need someone who is willing to be there everyday hoping and wishing and praying for them and working hard to make sure they can succeed in life and I want to be one to do that. Isn't that what teaching is all about, helping someone become a better them? 

Well that is about all we have going on at this moment. One blog that I read always leaves her blog with a quote and I think I would like to start doing that, this entries quote is one of my favorites in life:

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world"


No comments:

Post a Comment