Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Village

So it seems like time stands still here. Things happen on a when I want to basis rather than it needs to get done basis. Well everything else except school. No matter how much I want it to run on the when I want basis it will still come tomorrow morning! I am really nervous about school starting. Everyone keeps telling me that things are going to be just fine and I really hope they are right!

Well enough about the mushy gushy feelings part of teaching this week has been really fun getting the classroom ready. I decided to make the theme of my room a jungle, well half of my room. My class is going to be Miss Nichole's jungle animals and our reading corner is a jungle too. It was really fun making the tree for the jungle. I really hope the kids like it too.

This is a reminder for the kids that we need to sit and listen as the teacher is talking

Me and Molly building a tree for the corner

The start of the bulletin board

It looked like a giant finger trap

The trunk up in the corner

Molly adding leaves

The starts of the tree

Added a few more "branches"

The end result

Me and Molly playing a game called headbandz with the principals kids

We ate a berry crisp and it turned all of our mouths black, but it was really good and made with fresh berries that we picked

I tried an experiment...bagels 

More bagels...they actually turned out well!

I have decided that Drew is going to become a fatty because of all of the new recipes that I am finding. Along with Bagels last night I made honey-lemon chicken. It was so moist and sweet but a little tart because of the lemon. If he doesn't blow up I am going to because I can't stop eating my cooking. 

We had a potluck here this week to help the community meet the new teachers here are some pictures from it...

Helping in the kitchen...I actually fried the fish that we ate and no one got sick!

Josh, one of the other teachers

The cafeteria full of people ready for some food

Another view of the cafeteria

The food



Some of my kids

I love these people so much already, they are so sweet and kind and generous. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father helping me to get out here. I feel like I have grown so much already this first week I have been here and I can't wait to grow more.

No comments:

Post a Comment